Last month, the Integer Group released Issue 3.1 of The Checkout, a monthly national survey of shopper-marketing trends. The issue focused primarily on the role of coupons and how coupons are affecting shoppers and their decisions.
Some interesting facts and implications from the report:
- Shoppers are using coupons to drive their brand decisions before entering a store
- Women look for coupons in traditional media, while men become more involved when using technology (brand websites, mobile marketing, etc.)
- Coupons are perceived by shoppers as an incentive to try new brands and as a loyalty reward
- Shoppers want coupons that are easy to use and simple to find
- 75% of shoppers favor instant discount coupons
- Check out the list of top brands and retailers who are deemed as having the “best” coupons
Read the rest of the report here.