A little bit of late news, but PDM is currently attending the Hispanic Retail 360 Summit, which started yesterday and goes until tomorrow. If you’re in lovely San Diego, visit us at Booth #9 in the Hyatt Regency La Jolla.
This year’s conference theme is “Branding to the Trillion Dollar U.S. Latino Market”, and speakers on the list include General Mills, BestBuy.com, 7-Eleven, and one of PowerDirect’s own.
Check out this article from Peter Francese on AdAge.com that details the breakdown of the US Hispanic market, and what we can expect from this growing demographic segment.
Some stunning facts:
- The 2010 Census expects almost a 47% growth in the Hispanic population (in contrast, the non-Hispanic population has only grown 5%)
- 1 of every 3 Hispanics in the US is under the age of 18
- Almost 44% of the demographics is at ease in English
- 75% of adult Hispanics are between the ages 18-49
- The eight states with the most Hispanics are home to 76% of all U.S. Hispanics
Also, to get a general overview of the Hispanic market, download this whitepaper titled “Hispanic Market Overview 2010“, courtesy of HispanicAd.com. Of particular interest is the Top 20 Hispanic DMAs (Designated Market Areas), with Los Angeles, CA ranking first.